Saturday, September 02, 2006

Unofficial End of Summer

So it's Labor Day weekend. The unofficial end of summer. Boy time flies! Brian and I haven't really done much in terms of excitement this summer. We both have been working our fingers to the bone which is followed by exhaustion which is then followed by sleeping 12-13 hours when we have a day off. This weekend we are heading out to visit my family and to introduce Brian to them. I have to admit, I am a little nervous as there is always some sort of awkwardness involved when having a conversation with a stranger which I'm sure my family will be feeling. I feel the pressure is upon me to be the "middle man" and keep everybody in a conversing jolly mood. We'll see how it all goes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I thought I had nerves of steel when I brought Chris home to meet my family - I thought wrong. My Mom told a friend of hers that I was a wreck. I really think everybody was nervous, but it all worked out as they really like him. Hope all goes well and I hope you guys have a great holiday. Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!

3:02 AM  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

good luck kiddo!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Michael Guy said...

Just be 'you.' And let the 'BF' be himself... All will be fine. And if it doesn't work out all warm & fuzzy we want to hear all the bloody details!

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home