Monday, January 02, 2006

2006

I had to get my sorry ass up at 3 am this morning to take John to the airport. Had a fabu time with him...more on that later.

So in lieu of a witty title for my first entry of 2006, I decided to take the uncreative/sleepy approach and just title it "2006".

Back to John and his visit. Like I said, it was FABU!!! Best visit we had so far. It sucks having a long distance relationship, but in about 16 months I'll be in good ole Missouri with my honey bunnies.

Ok, so John arrived at 1 am on Tuesday morning. Hold on a sec. Let me back up briefly and tell y'all about my visit with my folks. In a nutshell, BORING. Back to John. So he got here at 1 am on Tuesday morning and the fun began. It was so good to see him even though I just saw him about a month ago. The whole week involved mostly shopping, eating out (which I love!), and not thinking about work. Best part of the whole week was New Year's Eve. I have never been the type to go out; I have always preferred to stay at home. So going out, especially on the biggest party day of the year, was really refreshing. We both dressed very nicely in our best clothes. I wore all Kenneth Cole from head to toe. My baby stuck with a classic, Ms. Liz Claiborne. He headed on out to Houston's Restaurant and had the most delicious filet mignon and wine. Then it was off to the most upscale gay bar in town called Amsterdam and drooled over the HOT HOT HOT boys this city has to offer. We hung around the bar, people watching, until past midnight and came home. The energy and excitement of the new year filled the bar and to be able to publicly and freely kiss my baby was awesome!

Sadly, all good things must come to an end and John left early this morning. :(

Back to work tomorrow, back to reality. Already looking forward to visit my baby mid-March.

By the way, thanks to Amandicon's new cam showing the fabu city of Chicago, I decided to add my city's web cam on here as well. Thanks girl, for the great idea!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks! I LOVE the Phoenix cam - the mountains are beautiful, and it's nice to see that SOME areas of the country are still getting to see the sun.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Yeah, if you can see it through the thick smog! It's like L.A. around here sometimes!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Michael Guy said...

Happy New Year! I'm sure--no doubt, you looked smashing in your head-to-toe Kenneth Cole! Wish you all the best in the New Year, Robert.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home