Friday, August 05, 2005

A Love Story - Part Deux

So where was I? (I have another window open with my blog to see where I left off). Tee hee.

Ok, so things went fabulous that July on our first meeting. I was really falling for him. He was already smitten by me as he had brought with him commitment rings (the gay version of wedding bands) with him on that visit. It wasn't a surprise to me, as we had talked about it prior to his visit. But between you and me, I was wondering if it was the right thing to do so soon. I have fallen for guys really really quickly before and been burned, so I did not want this to happen to me again.

So on his first visit to Arizona, what's a host to do, but to take him to the Grand Canyon. It was so much fun.....I should say, it was fun for him as I had seen it numerous times in the 2 years I've lived here taking everybody up there. We also went to Sedona and played around in the creek.

But as soon as it began the fun ended as he had to go back home to Missouri. :( I bursted in tears at the airport and in my car. I really truly was in love.

As soon as I got home, I immediately began planning my visit to Missouri that September.

September finally arrived and it was my turn to visit, our second meeting. I flew out there not know what to expect of his "turf", and was a little nervous about the initial first impression that his friends were going to have of me. I immediately felt at home there, although I was being sort of a city snob by comparing Phoenix (big city) to Cape Girardeau (little city/town). I just saw a lot of good ole boys in their pick up trucks, farmers, etc. that I have never seen being in a big city. So I hate to admit, but I turned my nose up at them. Also, I was noticing while I was there that I was really trying to push John away and deny my feelings for him. I was being moody for no reason and just picking fights with him. I remember being in the shower one day and thinking that maybe this wasn't a good idea afterall.

About a week later I left John and Missouri without a tear dripping from my eyes.

To be continued (and I promise I won't wait more than a week to update although this is a good cliff hanger for now, isn't it???).....

3 Comments:

Blogger a said...

u are killing me!

6:47 PM  
Blogger a said...

waiting for part trois!!!!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

It's coming! I started writing it this week but then my boss decided to take her 40th vacation this summer and so now I have to pick up her slack, so I've been busy. Hopefully by this weekend I'll get part 3 done. :)

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home