Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Looking Back

When I was a young lad, I would absolutely love when this video would come on TV. Things were much simpler then. The littlest things in life made me the most happy. Nowadays, it feels like I'm in a state of numbness. I just go about my business doing my daily routine without much thought. I am not "absorbing" the moments that should make me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. For the past several years, the winter time has made me feel so depressed. Christmas is no longer a happy, joyful, energy-filled time; it has become more of a chore. Things need to get done. Gifts need to be bought. I have to keep a close eye on my moola to avoid digging myself into a financial hell hole by buying people's love and acceptance holiday gifts. Due to all these demands that come when one goes moves into adulthood, I can now empathize with those who I lovingly called "bitter old people."

But one cannot live in the past and hope that the past can be relived. The best we can do is to live in the present and make the best of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Everybody doesn't know yet, but I found a treasure trove at the dollar store, stacks and stacks of old and out of the way movies, all for a dollar. Yup, everybody's getting dollar store dvd's.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home