Thursday, September 29, 2005

RIP - Dell Inspiron 1100

Late last night, as I woke up around 1 am to the sound of disco music still blaring out of my computer, I decided to kill it. (The computer, not disco.....disco has been dead for almost 25 years...keep up honey)

Not intentionally, of course. Why would I kill something that brings me so much pleasure in more ways than one. (No comments from the peanut gallery)

It was not 1st degree murder. Manslaughter....uh, computerslaughter it was.

See, as I was saying, I woke up to the sound of Donna Summer singing about Bad Girls (she was talking about me...tee hee) and realized I had fallen asleep again with my favorite disco station playing. So I stumbled over to my desk still half-asleep and with my hand pushed over a glass of water that I had next to my computer ONTO my computer.

*Insert the Psycho music as I watched in horror as water splashed all over my computer*

I immediately woke up and realized what I just did. I cleaned up my computer the best I could, but I could not bring it back to life. Alas, Dell Inspiron 1100 died at the tender age of 2 years old on this day, September 29, 2005 at 1:30 am.



You will be missed.

So now I'm computer shopping. You see what a cold-hearted bitch I can be?!

1 Comments:

Blogger goblinbox said...

Once the machine dries completely, it will probably boot back up with no problems.

Unless you got water somewhere bad and the magic smoke came out. If no magic smoke came out, the box is probably still viable.

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home