Saturday, October 07, 2006

Job Loss

This week has been a rather stressful week for Brian and I. Brian got the pink slip on Tuesday, after working 10 years for his company. It's a long story and maybe I shouldn't say too much as you know the internet isn't as anonymous as people think it is, but let's just say this company decided to flex its muscles and nitpick on the littlest thing to get Brian fired. Brian is going to fight it tooth and nail. But at the same time he's down, I'm down, and we got bills to pay. So in the meantime I need to dust off my leopard print mini-skirt, 4 inch heels and tube top and hit Van Buren St . in downtown Phoenix for some paying Johns.

In other news, I went to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale this past Monday to get poked and proded (not in a good way) like a lab rat for a multiple-sclerosis study that I decided to be a part in. As you may or may not know, I was diagnosed with MS earlier this year when out of the blue I got double-vision for a whole month. Nobody knew what it was until good sweet Dr. Carter at the Mayo Clinic took me under his wings and found out that it was caused by MS. After going back for a followup in August, he confirmed his findings and asked me if I wanted to be a part of a study he's in. Free of charge. My ears perked up! Any time I can save from paying a co-pay and prescriptions I'm there dude! Besides he said that in this study I will for sure be getting a proven medication for treating MS. The purpose of the study is to see if two of the MS drugs out there used at the same time will help MS patients more than treating the disease one drug at a time. So I went for my first screening this Monday where I got to partake in such awesome thrill rides as the EKG machine, the MRI machine, and the Needle Poker (not once, not twice, but THREE times). Oh the fun! Betcha y'all are jealous!!!! I go back in about a month to get my medications, which by the way, are ALL administered via injections. OOOOH, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Last but not least, WTF happened to Michael Guy????? He hasn't updated his blog in about 2 weeks. Totally not like him. Totally like ME, but not him. Calling Mr. Guy, come in Mr. Guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home