Monday, October 16, 2006

Much Going On

  • I started on my MS medications on Friday. Copaxone which is my daily injection, and Avonex, my weekly injection. I am able to give myself both injections without passing out or be a chicken shit. I'm very surprised and proud of myself. The side effects of both are the downers. Copaxone makes my muscle near the injection site spasm and cramp up. Avonex has flu-like symptoms for about a day.
  • Brian is going to fight his job loss on Wednesday. A grievance hearing has been set to discuss the circumstances around his termination. He did nothing, but they put the blame on him. I will go in more detail as soon as the dust clears as the internet isn't as anonymous as people think it is.
  • I came home from work today to not only find Brian drunker than the man that lives behind Safeway, but also surfing and chatting on Gay.com. WTF? I ripped him a new one. He managed to lose my trust in him in a second flat! And he still had the audacity to say "he doesn't know how he ended up on Gay.com and have a profile." We had a talk about this after I cooled down, but it wasn't productive as he tends to keep emotions and thoughts bottled up. I have a feeling this relationship won't last. And I have yet begun to talk about his drinking. He has a drinking problem. Beer is his nectar. He can go a week without drinking, and may drink occasionally. But there are times where he can drink 12 - 15 beers at one time. Gay.com aside, I don't think I can handle THIS!
  • I will be moving from one department at work to another. This is a good thing believe me! The current department I am in is a disaster. Nobody knows what the fuck they are doing because they are all incompetent. I spend more time cleaning up messes than doing my own job. Over the three years since I've worked there, my boss and I have become good friends. It's hard to tell her how I feel about her department without hurting her or our friendship. So like a thief in the night, I am going to quietly leave that department.
  • Back to Brian....I have to give him props for being proactive in his job search and grievance process against his former employer. At this point he doesn't care if he ends up getting his job back. The grievance and the battle is just for the principle of it. To clear his name that he did nothing wrong. He has thought about going into the transportation business and be a truck driver. I haven't decide how I feel about it. With everything going on with us, his job loss, drinking problem, gay.com, etc., all I can do is take it a day at a time. As God as my witness though, if this relationship ends I shall never date again! Too much hassle.

So that is what's been going on in my mind as of late. Most of which I believe time will fix on its own. I hope time hurries up as I feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

my goodness; such drama and news.
please keep me posted especially on the MS Rx, as I am keen to hear how this is experienced from someone who is actually doing it.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

I know all too well about the injection thing. I have insulin-dependent diabetes and do at least two shots a day. About your boyfriend and the gay.com issue: I've been on the receiving end of broken trust and it sucks. You may have to lay down the law like I did. If I find a profile on gay.com, or anywhere else, I'm gone. No discussion. Gone. I hope everything works out, and be sure and keep us posted.

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home